Your roof represents one of the biggest investments for your company, and it serves to protect you. When repairs are necessary you need to know that you can trust Exceptional Roofing to be professional, honest, and quick.
Working with only the top manufacturers, you know you will get premier quality materials coupled with highly trained craftsmen to ensure professional, quality work.
We offer repair services to these roofing systems:
- Metal Roofs
Signs of Repair Needs
Seeing a leak is a clear indicator that you need a repair. There are less obvious signs as well, that if caught in time can mean all the difference in needing a repair or needing a complete tear-off and replacement.
- Bubbling or blistering: Bubbling or blistering is usually the result of moisture under the roofing material. Frequently, this is caused by installation being done poorly.
- Ponding or Standing Water: Ponding water is cause for immediate concern, caused by unidentified, unremedied issues with the substrate or inconsistencies in your roofing system.
- Separated Seams: Separated seams are a major red flag that should not be ignored. Seams are always the biggest risk to a roofing system. When a seam separates, it allows moisture to infiltrate your roof and creates many issues, not to mention the headache and cost that come with it.
- Sagging Roof: A sagging roof is another red flag that you just cannot ignore.
This list does not include all issues that may indicate the presence of leaks, but it serves to provide an easy guide to monitor. Having an inspection twice a year is always recommended.
Flat Roof Repairs vs Metal Roof Repairs
Different roofing systems have different breakdown risks. The most common commercial or industrial roof styles are flat roofs and metal roofs.
Flat roof systems are the most common for commercial buildings but come with their own set of problems.
- Weathering: All materials will break down over time requiring upkeep, maintenance, and repairs. Maintenance on your commercial roof in a timely manner is key to the reduction of this particular problem.
- Thermal Shock: With the rapid change from hot to cold, roofing materials expand and contract. This causes buckling, warping, cracking, or other damage that can lead to total system failure.
- Ponding: Due to it being a flat roof there is very little slope to help remove water. This creates ponding that can lead to roofing material breakdown and leaks.
- Poor Sealing: Even premium materials are only as good as the installation. If it was not installed correctly in the first place or was not sealed/repaired correctly may lead to material breakdown and/or failure.
Known for their durability and longevity, metal roofs are frequently used. However, they also have their own set of problems to consider.
Leaks. Leaks can develop from both time and age. With the multiple screws and seams, leak development is a common issue. Even if the system was sealed when originally installed, weather and time can allow those leaks to happen.
- Seams: The seams can pull apart. If not properly maintained and sealed this can lead to leaks.
- Flashing: Flashing can lift or separate allowing for potential water seepage and leaks to develop.
- Oxidation: The very nature of metal, left untreated, is to oxidate. If left untreated, this oxidation will cause untimely failure to the roofing system.
- Panel Damage: Panels can get damaged from wind, hail, or other external factors, leading to catastrophic failure to the entire system
Regardless of the type of commercial roofing system, Exceptional Roofing is here to repair it. Call us at (888) 495-0835 today.