Other roofing materials simply cannot compare to metal roofing systems. They are strong, durable, and beautiful. When you are considering the absolute premium option for your commercial or industrial building, metal roof systems are the number one choice.
With years of experience, Exceptional Roofing specializes in all aspects of metal roof systems. From repairs through full replacements, restorations, inspection & maintenance programs, we are here to help your metal roof reach its full potential.
Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing
A metal roof system is made of metal panels or sheets that are secured together with the use of metal fasteners.
The most common forms of metal roofing are sheet metal panels or standing seam. Regardless of your preference, all metal roofing systems have basic pros and cons for consideration.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
- Fire Resistant: Being able to resist fire is a huge benefit of metal as it is combustion resistant. This means it cannot catch fire, saving your contents from outside fire sources.
- Pest Resistant: Metal Roofing also cannot be penetrated by insects or most animal pests, which is an added benefit to your commercial building’s framework.
- Stability: Metal does not expand or contract. This means cracks and buckling are not a concern. It also cannot be peeled back easily.
- Energy Efficient: Metal is naturally reflective. This allows for less UV absorption and also keeps the interior more comfortable.
- Durability: A metal roof can withstand the seasonal elements. It is resistant to hail and high wind damage. Metal Roofing is also not susceptible to the growth of fungus or moss. Properly maintained, it has a fifty-year lifespan, or longer.
- Aesthetics: Metal Roofing is aesthetically pleasing, keeping your commercial building looking nice for years to come.
Disadvantages of Metal Roofing
- Expense: Metal roofs are more expensive to install than many other options. Your up-front costs are higher than other roofing materials. However, its long lifespan makes it less expensive overall.
- Noisy: When the underlayment is not installed correctly, or the fasteners are not properly tightened then they are noisy. When done correctly they are as quiet as an asphalt roof without the same level of weight.
- Leaking: In the rare case that leaking occurs it is usually due to your roof not being installed correctly. Professionally installing your commercial roof is essential to having no leaks. This is why you need Exceptional Roofing for your metal roof installation.
Metal Roof Restoration
By definition, a metal roof restoration is the act of removing rust, corrosion, and any other contaminants that cause material break down. The process starts with inspecting the roof making certain that it can be restored. Finding any and all areas that need to be fixed. Repairing the damaged areas. Repairing seams if they are coming apart. Then using a low-pressure jet stream of water to clear the particulates off, bringing your roof back to like new in preparation for a coating.
The coating seals any remaining imperfections, making the roof water-tight once again. It also protects against the development of rust, seam separation or solar damage.
Metal roofing is complicated. If you do not have the right contractor to do the job, then you are wasting your time and money.
At Exceptional Roofing, we pair years of experience, phenomenal materials, and exceptional training to guarantee our clients the best result. Call (888) 495-0835 today to get us on your commercial roof.